<img class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-1001” src=”
The Best of 2016 Mac App Roundup
- Hazel - This app saves me so much time by moving files around that I’ve collected in different places across my Mac and external hard drive. You can move any type of file with a rule, from photos, disk images, and epubs, the list is endless. <img class=”aligncenter size-large wp-image-931” src=”
- BusyCal - This is my calendar app of choice, at least for now. I use BusyCal along with BusyContacts as a CRM but the more I look at Fantastical 2 the more I am intrigued by it. Maybe a review for 2017? <img class=”aligncenter wp-image-936 size-large” src=”
- BusyContacts - My favorite way to manage my contacts on macOS. It isn’t pretty but it is full-featured and integrates well with BusyCal. None of BusyMac’s apps are very good looking, but they are powerful. <img class=”aligncenter wp-image-932 size-large” src=”
- MindNode - I don’t mind map as much as I’d like– my mind doesn’t work in such a scattered way. But the few times I used MindNode[note]and still do, sometimes[/note] I was impressed by its look and robust feature set. If mind mapping is your bag, definitely check it out. <img class=”aligncenter wp-image-933 size-large” src=”
- Paws for Trello - This is a nice, elegant Trello client that has desktop notifications and a quick switcher for board management. It’s cheap– $3. I use it quite a bit as I have several boards going for different projects. <img class=”aligncenter wp-image-937 size-large” src=”
- Dropbox - If you are doing any type of collaboration with teams using files that aren’t just documents, this is the app you want. Even if you aren’tcollaborating, just having your files everywhereis a piece of mind you can’t afford to live without. The free tier is not really generous; 2gb is paltry. But it will work for small text files. I’d encourage you to upgrade to the Pro plan at $99/yr or $10/mo. 1TB of storage for that price seems steep but it is the best cloud file manager available, and the most reliable. <img class=”aligncenter wp-image-935 size-large” src=”
- Google Drive - If you need real-time document editing, file-sharing, and online presentations that are easily shareable, this is the app you want. Unlike Dropbox, it gives you 15gb of storage on the free tier and up from there to 1TB and they have plans for businesses too. <img class=”aligncenter wp-image-934 size-large” src=”
Do You Agree with My List?
Let me know of what apps you’re using in the comments. There will be another New Year’s Mac App Roundup coming early 2017.
If you like what you read, could you share it? I appreciate the love. ❤️
Sign up for my smart home Substack
I enjoy writing and want to do it more. Join me if you like smart home content.