Reading Marco Arment’s headphone reviews, and me being the music fiend I am, I decided to dedicate some time to reviewing mid to high-end headphones that I purchase throughout the next couple years. This collection chronicles my time with entry-level audiophile headphones.
Chase Reeves has a few headphone reviews on his YouTube channel too.
Over time I will get more general audiophile headphones and review them here.
Listed is a criteria template I will use for each review.
I am going to give a rating to the following properties:
- Comfort: How long can I wear them before they start to hurt?
- Style/Attractiveness: How good looking are they? This is purely subjective.
- Portability: Can or should you use these during your commute?
- Value for Price: Is this a good buy for the money?
- Sound: How do they sound? Do they sound okay with a sound enhancement system or DAC? Do they sound good without one?
- Build: Are they made of quality materials? Do they break easily?
See what’s up next (well, soon enough)
The RSS feed for this collection:
Let’s be honest: the ones > $500 I am not really going to buy off the bat, more than likely saving for them. I am not Marco, and while I am finally, finally employed after a long wait making more than market rate for my title and area, I still just won’t be Marco, not now, and probably not ever. ↩
This is my first real pair of noise cancelling headphones.
These headphones sound okay so far. Here’s my review.
This is going to be a new feature on this site going forward.
I am finally back to writing the Pick of the month.